Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ #140 Vintage

It's time for a brand NEW challenge today over at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge blog and this week our lovely hostess France has got a gorgeous challenge for you!

Here is what France has to say..

‘Hello lovely Stampotiquers,
Lots of us get so excited when we get our hands on an old ledger, old books, or old family photos even from people we don’t know. But those are often hard to come by, or very expensive.
Because of that, lots of us became very agile in making new things look old. Using inks, paper distressing tools and yummy techniques.
How about we combine all that love for all things vintage and all those yummy techniques with our favorite stamps, to create a vintage looking Stampotique piece?
Can’t wait to see where that leads you! Ready? Create!’

I love, love, love anything olde worlde so this challenge was  r i g h t  up my street!
 

I covered a gorgeous little frame with some fabulous papers from one of France Papillon's 'awesome' kits ...  after, I finally stopped stroking everything !!

I had planned to cover the paper with beeswax but I don't officially get my little iron until Mothering Sunday !! 

I stamped Olive Rose one of my 'all time' favourite Stampotique stamps onto a crinkled Glassine envelope from A sprinkle of imagination using archival ink.

The french text paper was aged using Distress Inks and gold acrylic paint, the paper rose was recycled from an earlier project and I found a piece of vintage lace to add to the frame.

The words 'shine brightest' come from the stamp To be a star... I hope you like my little vintage frame as much as I do!

Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance, I hope you can join in the challenge too. The Design Team have lots of inspiration to share with you over at the Challenge blog.

  Happy creating, Gez



17 comments:

LINDA PAGE said...

Morning Gez, lovely frame and she really is shining brightly...a star xx

france papillon said...

I don't know what touches me the most: that you made a gorgeous vintage looking piece or that you used the paper from my kit to do so. YOU shine brightest!!
xx
france

R.Maria Sabina said...

Oh my! This is such a beauty! Love Olive Rose stamp!!!!!

Kaz said...

Just gorgeous Gez, and so dinky! xxx

Karen Gist said...

Stunning!!! x

Claudine Criner said...

Sucha beautiful project, I really love that stamp

Kay Wallace said...

This project is just so incredibly stunning, Gez, I find I am at a loss for words. I can only tell you that you need to submit this to a journal for publication. This is masterful!

Corrie Herriman said...

I agree with all of the above; it is a masterpiece !
Corrie x

Amanda said...

Fabulous vintage piece, love it.
Love
Amanda x

Michelle said...

Gez it's absolutely beautiful. Not come across glassine before, will have to check it out, love the effect. Big hugs to a special friend
X Michelle

Sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous Gez, I like that you get to iron on Mothers Day lol xx

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

What a lovely vintage project ... I must admit I own that stamp as well!

Basement Stamper said...

Love the frame you have created for this and the picture you used is a perfect vintage one.

dutchstamptramp said...

I love it Gez, wonderful idea!

butterfly said...

Absolutely scrummy aged effect on the papers - and the girl looks gorgeous on the kraft glassine. Fabulous vintage look altogether!
Alison x

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!!!! Love it!!!! Hugs Juls