Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 21 March 2014

Daring Cardmakers ~ Die-licious

Hi everyone, it's Friday again and time for a brand NEW dare from the Daring Cardmakers!

This week we are very lucky indeed to have been sponsored by Docrafts

The designers were sent a mixture of Xcut dies to create with along with some of the new Gorjuss papers.



The Xcut dies are thin and perfect for use on so many different projects, there is a huge variety of dies in all shapes and sizes and fit in most die cutting machines but of course they work like a dream in the new Xpress die-cutting machine.

So this weeks dare is to include die-cuts on your creations. Full details available HERE. I have a couple of cards and projects to share with you today..


Oh, I just LOVE this alphabet!!

I cut the letters using the die with some of the brand new Gorjuss papers, which are 12x12 scrap papers and not thin at all..

My gorgeous little man celebrating is called Twinkie from Stampotique Originals.

I am entering my card into this weeks challenge over at the Stampotique Designer's challenge blog which is to create a card using a masculine theme.


~♥~


For my next card I have used one of the Gorjuss die-cuts from a 12x12 sheet, these are really cute girls without a doubt!

Lots of stitching and shabbyness going on here..!!


As well as making two cards. This die really got me thinking how I could use it away from card making and I really had a great time getting painty and messy.... I was in my element !!

I've used some of the left over alpha's to help create a background on a journal page, which isn't completed so it gives you an idea of how the alpha's can be used on a journal page or even a canvas...


The letters were applied using matte gel medium first as a glue and then as a sealer, it's then possible to paint over them if you like so they blend more into the background or you can build on the page as it is..

I used my journal again for the next example, but I am sure this idea could be used for cardmaking too!

As I used a sheet of 12x12 scrap paper which had a cardstock quality about it.. I was able to use the piece that was left from the die cutting as a stencil and spray inks through it... oh-la-la !!!!

I am quite sure I am too messy to be on the DCM Team at times !!!!



                                                                 Hehe !!

     Hope you can join in the fun ! There is a fabulous prize on offer this week!

Wishing you a super weekend.

Happy creating, Gez


2 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

I really like all your projects, Gez, but am so partial to "Twinkie" that I have to vote for the card! I have a Cricut, but it has been collecting a bit of dust recently, so you have inspired me to get that out and do some cutting! Thanks!

Traceyr said...

Wow lots to see today - fab journal pages and thanks for the info on how you begin to layer up your pages. x
:)