Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ 136 Monochromatic

It's time for a brand NEW challenge today over at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge. This weeks theme as chosen by Tanja is all about monochromatic...

Here is what Tanja says.. Hello crafty fellows, today it's my turn. I selected the theme monocromatic. Well, in fact it's a big challenge to myself.  I actually prefer it a little more colorful. But restrict myself to work tone in tone? First let's see the projects from the amazing Stampotiue Design Team. And now... Come on up! I'm longing to see all your stunning monochromatic artworks. 

Oooh, a tough challenge for me this week ;-) Having to sit on my hands to stop myself reaching for the paints !!! hehe.. here is my card..



                              Stamps used: Eiffel Tower, Paris Postcard and Mesh

This was actually a fun challenge! I decided not to go for the classic shades of black and grey.. although, getting a decent photo this time of the year is pretty impossible !!

I cut my card to postcard size and stamped the mesh stamp onto the card using Distress Ink.. stamping onto scrap paper first to use the second impression.. the Eiffel tower and Paris postcard stamps were also stamped directly onto the card.. the sentiment is computer generated..

The Design Team have some stunning inspiration to share with you again this week. I hope you can join us.. Good luck for the draw.. normal rules apply, see the Challenge blog for details.

  Have a great Wednesday, it's pouring down here in Lancashire, England this morning, what's fresh! Gez xx

13 comments:

Kaz said...

Love this Gez, I know what you mean about the wanting to add a little bit of colour!! Xxx

Kathi said...

This is great. I think that the monochromatic color scheme works really well here.

It's snowing here. Again!!!

Samantha Read said...

I really love this Gez, the stamp combination is WONDERFUL!!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is lovely Gez, you don't need paints, this combination is wonderful! Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh dear, as my comment published I read the comment above - I didn't copy honest - it was from the heart! Cx

Jackie said...

Like your choice of colour to work with .....This looks great!

Kay Wallace said...

This challenge was a struggle for most of us on the Design Team this week, Gez, but, in the end, we all ended up with something wonderful. Love your Bon Vonage post card! Starting with that mesh stamp is brilliant as it adds so much interest and detail to the background but yet does not interfere at all with the wonderful elements in the foreground! Well done, my friend!

Claudine Criner said...

Love your postcard Gez, and I love the colors you chose for this weeks theme. It was a struggle for a lot of us but a very good challenge indeed.

Reflective Art Studio said...

Gez this is a wonderful work for this challenge. It really looks like a vintage postcard. Thank you for all your support over the years. xx Much love to you Darling.
Sarinda

massofhair said...

Love your Postcard & monochramatic colours, it is a hard challenge this week for sure:-)

dutchstamptramp said...

I love the whole idea of this one Gez. It's beautiful!!

butterfly said...

So glad you sat on your hands, because I love your vintage sepia toned look here - brilliant!
Alison x

Corrie Herriman said...

Paris in the spring ; Wonderful !! Great card !
Corrie x