Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Stampotique Designer's Challenge #135 Acetate

It's time for a brand NEW challenge today over at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge blog and it is looking gorgeous after it's makeover along with the Stampotique Originals store.. you are in for a real treat when you stop by..

Today's new challenge is set by the very lovely Corrie and here is what she has to say.. Hello and happy Wednesday to you. Now, if you are anything like me, you will keep all wrapping paper, cardboard and of course acetate (clear plastic). We all get lots of it : packaging. I particularly like acetate to use in my projects, whether it is to stamp on or use it in any other way. I just love it. So this week I would like YOU to use a bit of acetate. Let your imagination run wild and surprise me !!!

Great challenge Corrie! 

I've given the gorgeous Karin wings so that she can fly !!! 
 


This was a bright fun tag to make! Nothing like warm orange and a pop of neon to brighten up the winter nights!!!!! I was quite surprised to see it in the daylight!!!

The background was made using orange acrylic paints and bubble wrap. Archival ink was used to stamp the bees and the word 'fly' onto the background. Karin was stamped onto cream cardstock, cut out and added to the tag. A blob of doodling and stitching and the odd piece of washi tape and that was the tag completed. I really like it!

Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance. I hope you can join in the fun! Pop on over to the challenge blog to see lots of inspiration.


  Happy creating, Gez 


8 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Brilliant use of acetage, Gez! You tag is just a mass of goodness in color, texture and pure interest! Well done! Mwah! KayW

Dotty Jo x said...

Fabulous work Gez! Jo x

Angelnorth said...

Lovely bright tag, she looks fab with wings!

Kaz said...

Fabulous Gez, I love the blob here and bit there ;) Love her wings xxx

cardsetalia said...

Wow, I just love your tag. Love the colours and texture. I rarely use orange, now I feel I must create something with this colour.

Claudine Criner said...

Loving all the colors and nice use of the acetate here. LOVE!!

Jackie said...

Love the use of neon ... I have avoided it so far but this tag is fab and makes me want to try and use it!

Kathi said...

So fabulous. I truly love the background you created with the paints, bubble wrap, stitching, and Washi tape. It's just perfect for Karin!