Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Daring Cardmakers ~ Colour challenge

I'm not sure where my time is disappearing to at the moment................. goodness! I think part of it stems down to finding new routines in the new house... simple things like the computer being in a different place, NO crafty dresser, trouble finding my craft supplies and no where to craft when I do... we don't live near town anymore and while this is GREAT! Doing everything on foot takes so much more time... especially in pain everyday!! The days just seem to be flying by............ life eh!

Last Friday saw the February colour challenge over at the Daring Cardmakers and these are the lovely colours as picked by Lythan.. this girl ROCKS!


I'm hoping I've captured the colours, including the scrolly writing...


I decided to keep my card simple if a little messy! With a dry brush I swooshed across the background without thinking about it too much. Then added some pearly blue paint using the gorgeous Glitz roller chevron stamp from A sprinkle of imagination.

The gorgeous house stamp is one of France's from Stampotique Originals called Home Sweet Home along with Crow Line by Janet Klein.

Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance. Hope you can join us!

  Happy creating, Gez

8 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous card Gez - love that crow line! Hopefully like us you will soon settle to a new routine in your new home! Maybe soon you will find an alternative to your lovely dresser too! Hugs, Chrisx

Debbie said...

Really nice Gez, great squiggly writing. debbiex

LINDA PAGE said...

Think you have captured the colours very well.. great card and fab writing. Hope things settle down soonboth with the house and yourselfxxx

Artyjen said...

Love the card ;) I have'nt moved but am facing the same dilema!! LOL
Trying to fit two houses into mine is not an easy task....but bit by bit more organisiation shelves etc are added :)
It's worth it in the end.
xoxo Sioux

Claudine Criner said...

So sorry you having trouble getting settled with your craft routine. I know what that is like, moving and having to figure out all the craft stuff again. Love your card, the color is amazing and I like your take on the challenge

Corrie Herriman said...

Hi Gez, sorry to hear about your troubles. Your card is wonderful though !
Corrie x

Lythan said...

that card is awesome. I do hope you soon find the time, space and energy to become even more creative. Thanks for the shout out, but I cannot tell a lie - it was actually Leo who chose the colours. She of course, rocks as well :)

Joanne said...

This is perfect Gez. I love the chevrons.
x